Saturday, December 27, 2008

Reflections on school visit in Hong Kong

First day, we visited Creative primary school, an inviting school.  Student ambassadors invited us and took us to the conference room. They had shared their school experiences and the role of the school in their holistic development. Principal gave a speech on school vision and mission. She has also shown us the various enrichment programmes of the school. I came to know about Invitational Education and 5P's (people, place, policy, programme and processes) of Invitational education. I was inspired by the way how the whole school was involved in invitational education which aims to create an environment that invites success for everyone.

The second school we visited was Yuen Long Lutheran Secondary school. I came to know more about Invitational education and their programmes that enhance Invitational education. Students demonstrated the thinking process involved in solving Pui Ching Invitational Math Competition.

IE (Invitational education) trusts, respects and cares. This approach is optimistic about human potential. It believes on positive self-concept and positive perception of the world which maximise the students' potential. I could able to feel this happening in these two schools that I visited in Hong Kong.

Padma Ramachandran

Bowen Secondary School

No comments:

Post a Comment